Spend $75 at a Target Store, Get $10 Gift Card at Checkout (Exp 12/17)

If you spend $75 in-store at Target between 5 pm tonight (12/16) and noon tomorrow (12/17), then you’ll get a $10 Target gift card at checkout (as advertised in this special 2-day ad or on their Facebook page). Here’s the fine print I pulled out of the special 2-day Target ad:

• Limit one per guest.
  • Your single transaction after subtotal (after all applicable discounts) must be $75.
  • Free $10 Target GiftCard® offer valid on a single, in-store transaction of $75 or more based on merchandise subtotal (after all applicable discounts).
  • Offer valid Friday, December 16, 5 pm – close, and Saturday, December 17, open – noon.
  • Sales tax, Target gift cards and prepaid cards, prescriptions, clinic services, Target Optical® eye exams, Target Mobile® and alcohol will not be included in determining merchandise subtotal.
  • Not valid on previous purchases.
  • Limit one free GiftCard per qualifying transaction, per guest. If any portion of the qualifying purchase is returned, the refund value will be reduced by the prorated amount of the free GiftCard. Terms and conditions apply to GiftCards. (Yes, this seems to contradict the first point, but I’m copying the fine print as I read it.)

You can use our weekly Target shopping list or browse the Target ad to help you decide if you should make a trip to the store.

Your turn: Are you going to make a special trip to get in on this deal?

Comments

1. Michelle R says

Hmmm… I have a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $100 or more, wonder if I would still get the gift card if I used it? Or are they both considered "offers"? Their fine print is very confusing. The coupon's fine print "Limit one coupon or offer per transaction."

• Lisa says

Michelle, you should be able to use that $10 off $100 Q. I used a $5 off $50. My total came to $77.XX, but went down to about $50 after Qs and there was a big red screen that said my $10 GC was deactivated, or something like that, because I went below $75. Bummer that I don't get that $10, but I still saved 33% w/Qs alone! And then I had a $10 GC from last week to use on top of that. : )

2. nancy says

I couldn't get the $10 tonight as they figured it after the coupons. Rang up each item with the coupons. My daughter and I each had a basket with over $75 in and combined them and they said" it is after the coupons are deducted!" was the how you read it is that it is after the coupons are applied? It is how they did it. Took over a hour for them to check us out! 3 employees! checked us out

3. cyndi says

I was there tonight. My total was $115.xx before coupons after coupons it was 79.xx and my card did not generate so the cashier overrode it, but she orginally told me it was before coupons. Plus I ended up with 20 is gift cards to boot! not my best but pretty good

4. amanda says

i was just there yesterday and it was before the deal stared. can i go back and get the card? or do i have to return everything and buy again?

5. SG says

My total was $100.36 after coupons and I received the gift card (didn't know about the promotion it until the cashier gave it to me). After checking out, I changed my mind about a $5 item but when I went to return it, they were going to give me 4 something for it, even though I paid $5 and returning it didn't even come close to affecting my $75 total. So… make sure you plan to keep everything you buy, or ring that up separately after you hit $75.

6. Tiff says

I was in last night and it was kind of a headache. I didn't get the $10 g/c because I had already used an $8 off $80 catalina and the cashier said only one offer per transaction. I was bummed. Oh well, win some, lose some!

7. Shannon says

Last time I was able to use the $5 off $50 plus get the gift card deal for $10 card with $50 purchase, plus the catalina machine spit out another $5 off coupon. I handed over the gift card coupon first…wonder if that makes a difference.