Local Deals: Disney on Ice Opening Night Offer, Winter Festivals + More

The local deals roundup is where we share the best coupons, deals and events available to readers in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Access a Google Calendar version of all of the time-sensitive coupons, deals and events I post in the local deals category. You can check out the one time only coupons/deals/events or keep the recurring coupons/deals/events in mind, too.

“Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes” is coming to the Target Center Thursday, 3/3 through Sunday, 3/6. Get a special opening night offer (3/3 at 7pm) when you order through Ticketmaster and use code Z4926 (offer ends 1/30). Your tickets will be just $11 each (excludes front row and VIP seats).

Bloomington Winter Fete. Welcome winter during this 9th annual celebration sponsored by Bloomington Parks & Recreation. Activities will take place throughout the city from Friday, 1/28 through Sunday, 1/30. Events include the Family Chill Out and ice fishing event, Winter Fete History Festival, and more. All activities are free, unless otherwise noted.

Winterfest ’11 at Linden Hills Park will be on Friday, 1/28 from 6:30-8:30pm. Bring your friends and family to the park for free horse-drawn wagon rides, music, roasting marshmallows by the fire, face painting and more. In the case of inclement weather, the event will be moved to Friday, 2/4.

Edina Winter Neighborhood Night Out. Get out and connect with your neighbors at this free event on Friday, 1/28 from 7-8:30pm. Participating parks will be Normandale Park, Pamela Park and Weber Park. Decaf coffee, cider, and cookies will be provided at no charge, and different activities will be held at different locations, including kick sleds, snowshoe demos, caricatures and more.

4th Annual Art Sled Rally at Powderhorn Park. Bring your decorated art sleds to Powderhorn Park on Sunday, 1/30 from 2-5pm to hit the slopes. Live music, a warming tent, hot chocolate and coffee will also be available. Don’t have a decorated sled? You can create your own free art sled at Powderhorn Park Community Center on Saturday, 1/29 from 11am-4pm. Bring a plastic or wooden sled to use as a base, if you have one.

Your turn: Which of the weekend winter festivals in the Twin Cities will you be attending?

Comments

1. Haila says

Don't forget the St Paul Winter Carnival! It kicks off on January 27th. This weekend, there will be ice carving competition, snow sculpting, snow plow competition, skiing, ice fishing, orchid display (indoors, of course), speed skating and regular ice skating, and lots more. Mostly free!

Our favorite: the King Boreas Grand Day parade, on January 29th. (Moon glow pedestrian parade is the night before.)

2. Kerri says

Hi,

Can anyone help here. I go to the advance or promotion ticket selection and prices range from $10 to $65 and then you put in that code Z4926 and you get to purchase tickets. However even the $10 ticket selection ends up being $16.34 per ticket after all their fees. Is this the deal that you are mentioning or am I doing something wrong. I'd like to get the best tickets possible for the $11 dollars but I'm not seeing how to do this. The code is just letting you buy those tickets for the said price but I'm not seeing much of a deal. If you could help…that would be great! Thanks!

3. tanya says

Agreed. How is this Disney code supposed to work? I keep trying and it does not give me special itckets at a special rate with this code. I would really like to order these before Sunday!

OK, ladies – here's what I could figure out with the discount code, which is to say, nothing. All I have for information is the information in the email. There is a spot for "Opening Night Discount Tickets" that gives you the best possible seats for $10.00 each (+ taxes and fees, of course). Looks like it works out to about $16.64, as Kerri said. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not; I was just passing along information that was sent to me. Sorry for the confusion!

• Kerri says

Thanks! Just got 4 $20 tickets for $11 each plus all their wonderful fees. But thank you for letting us know. It's a $36 savings and the seats are on the lower level. Very nice. Thanks for the tip!

5. Jennifer says

I purchased some tonight for $11 each and I didn't use the code. When you click the link to purchase the tickets, there is an advanced ticket purchase box which allows you to buy tickets for $11, and they had some for $10! Can't wait to take my little princess!

6. Bobbi says

I FOUND A BETTER DEAL FOR THE DISNEY TICKETS!!!!!! Do I have your attention yet?

I spent what seemed like hours trying to fugure this out to and all I got were tickets for 65$! O-O! So, this is what I came up with.

I went to http://www.disneyoniceoffer.com (through Kraft cheese website), yes there's a commercial for this. You use a code (which according to my packages it's "KRAFT", fill out a form for how many tickets you want, PRINT the form and mail it in, along with your wrappers, and your 10$ a seat tickets will be at will call waiting for you! You need 1 kraft cheese single specially marked wrapper per 2 tickets you want to purchase. The form is easy, it will ask you how many tickets per how many wrappers you have to send in. And yes, as long as you ask for all the tickets at the same time you will get them sitting together! Now if you only have 1 wrapper but want 4 tickets, the 3rd & 4th tickets are FULL price. This is explained indetail at the site!! I am sending in for 4 tickets, with 2 wrappers and my total is $51.00! Taxes and service charges included. The ONLY thing I won't know is where the seats are until that night and honestly I don't care where we sit, tickets for 10$ a seat, it's worth it! My kids are going to love it. Hope this all makes sense.

Hi~

I am giving away tickets for the Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes for the MN show at the Target Center March 3.

Here is the link if you are interested:

Disney on Ice- Princess Wishes (coming to MN in MARCH)~ ENTER TO WIN 4 TICKETS

Thanks so much~ and good luck with the contest.

Have a great spring!

Sarah

sassyfrazz blog

follow Sassyfrazz on twitter

or find me on Facebook

i would like to know how much i could buy the ticket for disney on ice becuase i what to take my kids to see it becuase my mom died and my kids are sad and i dont what they go tru alot of thing that i am going tru becuase i loss my mom pip could you call me or write back to me please thank you