Benihana: Free $30 Birthday Gift Certificate

Join The Chef’s Table email list at Benihana (a Japanese steakhouse) and you’ll receive a complimentary $30 (yes, $30) gift certificate to be used during the month of your birthday. Find a location near you. For our Twin Cities readers, there are Benihana locations in Golden Valley and Maple Grove.

I recommend creating a separate email address to use just for these sorts of offers so that your personal email doesn’t get bogged down.

Your turn: Have you ever been to Benihana? What do you like to order?

Comments

1. Kris says

Benihana is amazing! I received my birthday certificate for the first time this year…but just a word of warning, you will need to provide your accurate birthdate (month, date, year) as they take your driver's license and review everything for accuracy. And, we still spent $50 for the two of us. It's not a cheap place, but the food is high-quality and you'll enjoy it.

2. Shelly says

It's only a special treat place for us, but a family favorite. It's worthwhile to check their website for special deals. When we went for our daughter's graduation dinner last year, there was a deal that we just had to mention, and it saved us a lot of $$. Great food and great entertainment that the kids (and adults) love!

3. Taylor says

We went to Benihana for my birthday in June. We went during lunch. Because the gift certificate is for $30 it allowed us to get 2 free meals :)

4. Shelly says

That's a great idea, Taylor. I didn't even know they were open at lunch. Is it the same kind of thing – entertaining, cooking at the table ??

5. Erica says

Hmmm….. just got mine in my e-mail since my bday is this month. It says Free Meal- up to $30 value. Maybe they changed the way they word it so that you can't use the $30 toward someone else's meal as well?

6. Dan says

Also note, we were told last time its 1 coupon per group. Now the trick to that is come as separate groups. You just may have a chance of not being at same table.

Also if its already your birthday month sign up. They seem to send out coupons even if you sign up on your birthday month.

7. Shelly says

I see on the Benihana website that their special for the entire month of July (at the Mpls Location near us) is "Hibachi Shrimp and Chicken for Two" for $35. This includes soup, salad, appetizer and dessert. With a $30 giftcard you could sure get close to covering the meal – maybe just the extra $5 and tip would be out of pocket. They don't make their specials really easy to find. You have to click on a specific location to find them. Thanks so much for telling us about the $30 birthday giftcard!

8. Rachel Beck says

Carrie! I went to school with you! Thanks so much for the information! Am going to take my hubby out for his 40th b-day – our FAVORITE restaurant that we only go to for birthdays!

Rachel

9. Tina says

I WAS ONLY ABLE TO USE ONCE. THE NEXT YEAR THAT I TRIED TO GET ONE, IT SAYS WE ALREADY HAVE THIS EMAIL, BUT NEVER SENT ME THE BIRTHDAY CERTIFICATE.