Walgreens Shopping List 1/10 – 1/16/10

walgreens

In addition to this week’s deals, I am hearing reports that most Walgreens have a ton of clearance-priced items right now, so bring your coupon binder with you to the store (if you have one, which I don’t!).

Before jumping into Walgreens Register Rewards program learn learn how it works since there are lots of nuances. If you’re new to Pocket Your Dollars, learn to read this shopping list.

Thanks to Common Sense with Money for compiling a starting list of this week’s deals that I augmented using the forums at A Full Cup.

Your turn: What clearance and other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

Week-Long Sales (Non-Register Rewards)

Buy $30 in select Johnson & Johnson products, get $10 back via mail-in rebate
Buy 4 Lubriderm Daily Moisture Body Lotion (6 oz.) for $11.38
Buy 2 Aveeno Active Naturals Lotion (2.5 oz.) for $4.49
Buy 2 RoC Multi-Correxion Exfoliating Cleanser (5 oz.) for $14.98
Use four $2/1 Lubriderm coupons (you’ll need two computers to print four coupons)
Plus, use $1/1 Walgreens coupon from the Diabetes & You book available near the pharmacy (this one coupon will deduct $4)
Plus, use two $2/1 Aveeno coupons
Plus, use two $3/1 RoC skin care coupons
Spend $8.85, then submit for $10 Johnson & Johnson rebate (printable form found at Coupons.com)
Final price: Better than free after coupons and rebate (Thanks, Krazy Coupon Lady)

Oust – on sale buy one, get one free
Buy 2 and use “buy one, get one free” coupon from the 1/3 Smart Source insert
Final price: Two free after coupons**
**Since the store promotion does not require a Walgreens coupon this should work without any register beeping. However, if there is a problem, then use the coupon when you buy 4 bottles and you’ll only pay for 1.

Triaminic Child ID Kit
Free for the asking at the photo counter
Final price: Free after store promotion

Betty Crocker Warm Delight $0.99
Use $0.50/1 printable coupon, printable coupon, and printable coupon or $0.50/1 coupon from 1/3 Smart Source insert
Final price: $0.49 after coupon

Halls Cough Drops $0.99
Use in-ad Walgreens coupon to get sale price of $0.99
Plus, use $0.50/1 Halls printable coupon
Final price: $0.49 each after coupons

Bic Disposable razors 3-4ct 2/$10
Buy two and use “buy one, get one free” coupon from 1/10 Smart Source insert
Plus, $3/2 Walgreens store coupon January coupon booklet available in literature rack at front of store
Final price: $1.00 each after coupons

Breathe Right Kids Nasal Strips 12 ct $5.49
Use $1/1 any Breathe Right Product coupon from 1/3 insert
Plus, use $3/1 Walgreens store coupon January coupon booklet available in literature rack at front of store
Final price: $1.49 each after coupons

Spot Shot, Windex – on sale buy one, get one free
Buy two Spot Shots and use two $1/1 Spot Shot printable coupons or from the 1/3 Smart Source #1 insert or
Buy two Windexes and use two $1/1 Windex printable coupons
Final price: ?? after sale and coupons

Lysol Tub and Tile, Toilet cleaners and Wipes – on sale buy one, get one free
Buy two and use two $0.50/1 coupons from the 1/3 Smart Source #2 insert
Final price: ?? after sale and coupons

Sally Hansen/La Cross Products – on sale buy one, get one 50% off
Buy two and use $0.50/1 or $1/1 coupons from 1/10 Red Plum insert
Final price: Varies depending on what you buy**
**I am hearing reports that many Sally Hansen products are on clearance right now, which would make this an even better deal

Ponds Towelettes 25% off (Reg price $6.29)
Use $1.50/1 Ponds Towelette printable coupon
Final price: As low as $3.21 after coupon

L’Oreal Preference Hair Color 2/$13 (must buy two to get sale price)
Use in-ad Walgreens coupon to get sale price of $6.50 each
Plus, use two $2/1 Loreal Hair Color coupon or $3/1 from 1/10 Red Plum insert
Stack with $3/1 Walgreens store coupon January coupon booklet available in literature rack at front of store (not sure they’ll allow you to use both the in-ad Walgreens coupon and this second Walgreens coupon, but I am not sure which makes it a better deal so I am listing both)
Final price: As low as $4.50 each after coupons

Week-Long Register Reward Deals

Buy 1 Thermacare Pain Relief (1-count) at $2.49, Get $2.49 Register Rewards
Use $1/1 Thermacare printable coupon
Spend $1.49, get $2.49 Register Rewards back
Final price: Better than free after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 1 SugarFree Theraflu at $3.99 and 1 box of Lipton Tea Bags at $3.49, Get $4 Register Rewards
Buy both products and use $2/1 Theraflu printable coupon or printable coupon here or coupon from the 12/6 Smart Source
Plus, use $2/1 coupon from Diabetes & You Booklet available near the pharmacy counter
Plus, use $0.50/1 Lipton coupon from the 11/15 Red Plum (expires 1/10)
Spend $2.98, Get $4 Register Rewards
Final price: Better than free after coupons and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Colgate Maxfresh or Max White Toothpaste or Toothbrush at $2.99, Get $2 Register Rewards
Use $0.75/1 Colgate Toothpaste coupon from 1/3 Smart Source #1 insert or $0.75/1 Colgate Toothpaste printable coupon
Spend $2.29, get $2 Register Rewards back
Final price: $0.29 after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 2 Triaminic Cold and Allergy Relief at $5 each, Get $2 Register Rewards
Buy two and use two $2/1 coupons from 12/6 Smart Source insert or two $1/1 Triaminic Printable Coupon
Spend as little as $6.00, get $2 Register Rewards back
Final price: $0.50 each after coupons and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Nivea Shower Gel at $4.99, Get $2 Register Rewards
Use $2/1 Nivea Wash coupon from 1/3 Red Plum #2 insert
Spend $2.99, get $2 Register Rewards back
Final price: $0.99 each after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Rembrandt Toothpaste or Mouthwash at $4.99, Earn $1 Register Reward
Use $3/1 any Rembrandt product from 10/18 Red Plum insert
Spend $1.99, get $1 Register Reward back
Final price: $0.99 each after coupon and Register Rewards

Month-Long Register Reward Deals

Buy 2 Bayer Glucose Meters, Get $5 Register Reward
Buy 1 Bayer Contour Meter $14.99 (UPC Code: 3 0193 715101 9)
Buy 1 Bayer Breeze Meter $14.99 (UPC Code: 3 0193 144001 0)
Use two Bayer Breeze2 or Contour Meter $30/1 coupon from 10/25 Red Plum insert
Spend $0, Get $5 Register Reward back
Final price: Better than free after coupon and Register Reward**
**Donate these to charity!

Buy 2 Neosporin Antibiotic ointment .5oz  for $4.00 each, Get $3 Register Reward
Buy two and use two $1/1 Neosporin printable coupons
Plus, use one $2/1 Neosporin coupon from the Walgreens Children’s Activity Book (will deduct $4)
Spend $2.00, get $3 Register Reward back
Final price: Better than free after coupons and Register Reward

Buy 2 Neosporin Lip Health Products for $4.00 each, Get $3 Register Reward
Buy 2 and use two $3/1 Neosporin Lip Health printable coupons (IE Link) (FF Link)
Spend $2.00, get $3 Register Reward back
Final price: Better than free after coupons and Register Reward

Pocket Your Dollars is part of BeCentsable’s Grocery Gathering, a compilation of shopping lists for stores nationwide. If you want a shopping list for a store not covered by Pocket Your Dollars, then check out the Grocery Gathering.

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. Carrie, for the Triaminic deal, de we get $5 RR or $2?

2. The University Ave Walgreens didn't have the kids book for the coupon. They haven't had them for quite awhile and were unaware that there was coupon in the book. Just an FYI. Also the Lip treatment requires 2 computers to get the 2 3.00 off coupons.

They also didn't like my coupons as they beeped but finally gave me them off as they should have been okay for last weeks shopping deals.

If anyone has the meter coupons and don't plan to use them I would love to get them. Could trade or ?

Thanks all, love the delas.

Dawn

3. Just a note on the Neosporin Lip product RR deal: I tried this yesterday, bought two Neosporin Lip products and tried to use two $3/1 Q's. However, my first product rang up at $5.49 (retail price) and the second rang up as $2.51 (discounted to bring the total of the two products to $8). Because the second product was less than $3, I couldn't use my second coupon. Plus, the lady didn't give me my coupon back after she realized it wouldn't work! My fault on that for not realizing it until I was well out of the store. I ended up paying $5 for both and getting a $3 RR, but since I don't typically use Neosporin Lip products, it wasn't quite a good a deal as I was looking for, which was $2 OOP plus $3 back in RR. I checked at another Walgreens (I'm new to shopping at Wags) and learned this is how all Wags ring up their 2-for sales.

4. MIndy – Yes Wags is unique in their registers for B1G1 or 2 for 3 for stuff. I have noticed a three for items will ring up reg price for the first two and deep discounted price for the third thus usually making a third coupon useless. I was shocked tho today to get my Spot $1 off coupons to work on the free item as that usually reaks havoc with the Wags registers.

5. Thanks Joe! Do you know how Walgreens handles its "Buy $20 worth of a product" promos? Does the retail, sale or post-coupon price of the products need to add up to $20 in order to get the $5 RR back? I'm trying to do the L'Oreal deal this week and don't want to buy more than I need to.

6. Carrie – thanks for compiling this list. The Triaminic actually gives you a $5 RR, and on the Bayer meters, you only have to buy one to get a $5 RR. However, if you buy two different meters (i.e. one Breeze 2 and one Contour) you will get two $5 RR and one $3 RR.

7. Nicole Good says:

MINDY…I just did the Loreal deal today…Here's the scoop..the items will ring up at the sale price and you have to have $20 worth (at the sale price.) ALSO, the Register Rewards is a $5.00 manufacturer coupon on LOREAL products. (not a typical Register Reward.)

Carrie,

I spent a bit more, but here's the deal I got on the Aveeno/Clean &Clear:

I bought 2 BIG 18oz Aveeno Lotions @ $12.79 ea.

2 6.5oz. Clean & Clear Cleanser @ $5.99 ea.

Here's the FAB Thing..they actually rang up Buy 1 Get 1 FREE instead of 50%! (Rogers)

Plus, I had $2.00 coupons on each item (8.00 off total) I spent $10.78 + tax and have submitted for the $10.00 rebate ;) WHOO-HOO!

8. Jennifer M. says:

I did the Neosporin lip care deal at the Elk River Wags today and each rang up at $4 so I was able to use both $3 coupons. I was fully prepared to return them if I had the same thing happen as Mindy, but I am glad I tried it as it always seems like the Wags stores are never consistent.

9. Kierstien says:

Just a reminder for everyone if you end up doing the windex BOGO do it 3 times and submit two of these rebates, you can submit up to 3! http://www.scjohnson.com/files/Rebate_Form.pdf

Hope this helps someone!

Kierstien

10. Stephanie says:

You can only do one print per computer for the Lubriderm coupons.

11. Has anyone checked the windex price?

12. Jennifer M. says:

The Lysol toilet bowl cleaner was $2.79 at the Elk River Wags, so pay $2.79 minus two $0.50/1 coupons = $1.79 for 2, or $.89 each.

13. Has anyone tried to photo copy the coupons from coupons.com? Does that work in order to get multiple coupons if you don't have access to more than one computer?

14. J – Printable coupons cannot be photocopied. The store will not be reimbursed from the manufacturer for photocopied coupons and they, in turn, pass on higher prices to us as consumers.

15. J–each coupon has its own unique pin (briks/coupons.com coupons are toward the upper right corner for ex.). Not only does reproducing printed coupons void the coupons per the terms printed on the coupon, it's also fraudulent. Please, PLEASE do not make photocopies of your coupons!!! That makes couponing hard for the rest of us. There's a reason you can only print 1-2 coupons per computer: the manu wants to limit how many you can have and is only allowing so many prints of the coupon to be distributed for use. When you fraudulently reproduce coupons, stores critique coupons more closely (and may reject printables all together) and manus are less likely to have printables available.

16. Christine says:

Does anyone know if we can use RR for RX?

Thanks

17. Christine – no, you cannot use register rewards for prescriptions according to the fine print. They do work for photos through.

18. Oust was 4.29 at the wags I was at so it was actually 0.30 for both – the B1G1 coupon is up to a max of 3.99. I also bought 2 bags of cough drops & a toothpaste making total OOP for this $4.08.

Lysol wipes are 2/3.49. There was a 1.00/2 coupon out there making it 2.49 and I used the $2 RR from the tran above for 0.76 OOP.

19. Carrie- where is the Triaminic coupon on the link?

20. Theresa K. says:

Let's not rip off J's head. She appears to have been sincerely asking. After all, it's a fair question for a beginner.

• Thank you Theresa K- yes I was sincerely asking :) I asked because I figured you guys would know the answer. I have only been doing this for a couple of weeks now, I appreciate the help!

21. Our A&P Foodmart has the Quaker Quick Oats on sale this week for $.99. Use the online $1 coupon and start piling up. My teenage sons will love this, because then I can make tons of Oatmeal Raisin/Choc Chip cookies for them and their friends! Everyone wins with this deal!

22. Has anyone tried to get the therma care coupon. I am not seeing it on the link at the web site. Thanks all.

Dawn

23. Natalie,

The Windex at Richfield Walgreens is $4.29. I went with Scrubbing Bubbles for $3.59, and there's Fantastik for $3.99. Hope this helps (your store may be slightly different).

Nichole,

Thanks for the L'Oreal info. I was able to buy two of my favorite foundation which, on sale, went just over the $20 and got me a $5 RR!

I'm also desperate to know if the $30 purchase requirement for the Johnson & Johnson $10 rebate means $30 retail or $30 sale price. I ended up spending $42 retail, and am wondering if I bought more than I needed to. Can anyone help?

Thanks all!

Mindy

24. Sarah Beth says:

J ~ Photocopies are never allowed. But the term "copy" can mean different things. The number of "copies" you can print actually depends on the coupon. While you can never photocopy a coupon, sometimes you can PRINT MULTIPLE copies. What I mean is, sometimes you select a coupon and the "coupon printer" sends it direct to your printer and your printer automatically starts. You cannot specify the amount and it will only print one copy. But FOR ME, on the ThermaCare listed above it actually prompted my "print/page set-up" where I can type in the number of copies I want it to print. So in this case I was able to print 3 "copies." Does that make sense??

25. Valerie – where is the online coupon for oatmeal?

26. I tried the Oust deal today and the cashier wouldn't even try to scan the BOGO coupons because they were already on sale BOGO. Does anyone know if there is anything in thier coupon policy on this? Has anyone experienced similar problems? It seems like more and more the stores are catching on to this and won't let you get more free products than what they are advertising – At least where I live (metro Detroit area).

• Emily – I'd email Walgreens corporate and ask if you stack a manufacturer coupon alongside a store sale or a store coupon, even when the coupon is B1G1 and the store sale is B1G1. I think it's allowable, but the cashier is ill-informed.

27. I didn't have a problem using my BOGO free coupons and I had 3 in my pile (2 Oust & the Bic). The cashier had to call the manager over to show her how to ring a BOGO free coupon and he checked the receipt to make sure the correct number of items were on the receipt before he deducted the free items.

I've been doing the BOGO free coupons along with store's BOGO free sales for almost 20 years and have NEVER had a problem.

28. I've requested that Walgreens corporate office send me a copy of their coupon policy, or at least give me proof in writing one way or the other. If the BOGO coupon IS allowed with the BOGO sale, I'm definitely keeping the corresponance with me and showing it to the cashier and manager if I have to! This has happened to me at two different stores in the past two weeks, so I'll let you know what I find out from corporate, if anything. Thanks for the info!

29. For the rebate how is the total figured, like if you do the B1G1 50% is it the full price for both or 1 full and 50%?

30. The Triaminic deal produced a $5 RR for me.

31. Well, I went to two different walgreens today. First I over spent for the J&J rebate my total oop was 40.42. I thought I had it all figured out but I quess not. So I went to a different walgreens (larp and white bear in st paul) and returned first purchase and rebought. WOW what a difference, oop was 8.42. The products rang up as bogof (yes free) so I bought two aveeno lotions (8.49 each) and two clean and clear lotions (6.49 each ). I had a coupon for each. I will make 2.00 something after rebate. Yeah. I am glad I went back.

32. I was told that you cannot use a RR toward a PX or toward milk. Who knows what else.

33. I purchased the neosporin lip products today and they rung up the same is Mindy's however, they not only took my two $3 off coupons but a $2 RR as well and of course I received my $3 RR. Good deal!! I don't know if purchasing two other items as well made the difference or not.

34. Wags facebook fans…get a free 8 x 10 photo collage..today only 1/13/2010

code is FANFREE!

I love these collages.

35. Nicole Good says:

Hi Mindy,

Me again :) I also did the Johnson's Rebate. You have to spend $30.00 retail or sale depending on the store. This is BEFORE coupons and store discounts. As long as your receipt shows you have purchased $30.00 worth. FOR INSTANCE: Walgreens this week is a BOGO deal, so they'll still ring up at the retail price (this is good, you can buy less items and be credited for more money spent.) Here's what I did:

I bought 2 BIG 18oz Aveeno Lotions @ $12.79 ea.

2 6.5oz. Clean & Clear Cleanser @ $5.99 ea.

Here’s the FAB Thing..they actually rang up Buy 1 Get 1 FREE instead of 50%! (Rogers)

Hope this helps :)

36. Deb Jacobsen says:

In the above J and J deal, what coupon are we looking at in the Diabetes & You book?

Also, if you are buying the Nivea Shower Gel-make sure you get your RR. (I had to have the manager re-ring this product separately as it didn't give me my RR for $2.00 initially. Now, in my initial purchase, I had several RR and coupons so he blamed it on that fact.)

37. Sarah Beth says:

Which Walgreens do you frequent the most?

38. Sarah Beth says:

I have multiple copies of the 10/18 RP and cannot find the Rembrandt toothpaste coupon. Did anyone else have trouble? Can you attempt to help me find out what page it is on/with? TIA

39. Mary - SE MN says:

Was so happy with your suggestions…

Here's what I did:

6 packages of bic razors 2/$10 sale and used the b1g1 free coupons, and $3/2 coupon for $1 each

8 Revlon nailpolishes (retail $4.29) used b1g1 50% with $2 off coupons

2 Revlon eye shadows (retail$4.99) used b1g1 50% sale with $2 off coupons

6 Nestle candy bars (retail $.89) used Wag coupon $.49 each

2-18 ounce Quaker Oatmeals (sale 2/$6) used coupons to make them $1 each

1 tube of Colgate toothpaste (after all instructions above $.29)

My grand total before coupons: $95.xx

After coupons: $28.xx and a $2 RR back

:) Thanks for the deals…

40. Mary - SE MN says:

I forgot to add that our Walgreens is having a grand opening so the ad has a $3 off any $10 purchase that I used on top of everything…

41. It's the Lubriderm (on the last page)

42. Thanks Nicole! That completely clears it up!

43. Does anybody know WHICH Walgreens happen to offer the buy one get one free instead of the buy one get one 50% off on the Aveena, ROC, etc products? I have seen this posted at multiple coupon websites. Or is this just an error? St. Cloud? Sartell? Elk River? Rogers? Which one(s) – cause I would drive there for that matter.

44. Mary – which Wags is having the grand opening? $3 off $10?

45. I paid $4.29 for a 26 oz bottle. After coupons, it averages to $1.15 each.

46. Awesome! Thanks for the rebate reminder! My question, though, is that my receipt shows that I didn't pay anything for the second bottle of Windex. Will they accept that as one of the three purchase?

47. I just went to Walgreens to get the Oust deal.. and the cashier refused to let me use the coupon. She said I would have to purchase 3 cans for each coupon?? She said she would get fired if she let me use them…

48. same thing happened to me… let me know what you find out!!

49. Just bought 2 at Elk River with the coupon with no problem! And this is the second time I did it!

50. Still wondering where the ROC, Lubriderm, Aveena etc are ringing up Buy 1 Get 1 free. Not Elk River or Rogers. At least not for the ROC products that I just bought.

51. Judi – I bought the ROC, BOGO at the Inver Grove Heights Walgreens.

52. Wow…just had the best Walgreens shopping trip EVER tonight!!

Have to share…I'm so excited!

(4) 6oz Lubriderm lotions, (2) Clean & Clear face scrubs, (2) Aveeno hair care products, (2) Ousts, (2) Bic Soleil razors (and they were bonus packs, 6 razors each!), (2) bags of Halls, (4) cans Crm of Chicken soup, (2) Betty Crocker Warm Delights, (2) Neosporin Lip Health.

Spent $11.01 out of pocket and will be sending receipt in for the $10.00 J&J rebate.

$86.20 worth of stuff for ONE DOLLAR!!!

Carrie, thank you SO MUCH for your blog!!

53. FYI:

This is the 2nd week I have tried to get Walgreens deals and came home disappointed.

The oust – can't use coupon in addition to their bogo free. Didn't matter how many I purchased.

The Therma care for 2.49 using 1.00 coupon didn't generate register rewards. I asked why and they said because I used a coupon it no longer qualified.

I tried every combination of items for the rebate. The best I could do was a combination of 2.00 coupons (x6 items) each item had a bogo 1/2 off so in the end it came to 15.xx and then will send in the rebate. They didn't have the diabetes care booklets so I asked and all they had was the record book for testing blood sugars.

The Theraflu coupon I printed didn't have a bar code so they wouldn't take it? It had all the other stuff and same with the spot shot. I am not sure why the bar code didn't print but everything else was on them and the thera flu had their web site addy so ? I didn't notice at the time of printing. So didn't get those items.

The rewards can only be used on items not on special or not using coupon so that didn't help either.

Still did okay considering all I got but frustrated.

Glad others had better luck.

54. I go to the Walgreens in Champlin or Maple Grove. I feel so bad for the people who are posting on this board that the cashiers refuse to take the BOGO free coupons. I speculate it's the cashier's ignorance of how coupons work that makes them say this. Especially the cashier who said she could get fired. If a store is offering a BOGO free sale and there is a Manufacturer's BOGO free the store shouldn't refuse the manufacturer's coupon because they will be reimbursed.

I think the register beep also throws some cashiers off because the beep is flagging them to check the price and then when they do, they see on the receipt one item rings up .oo.