This deal has expired and may no longer be valid.
Mercedes at Common Sense with Money let me know that Amazon is offering a free three-month trial of Amazon Prime when you buy an eligible textbook. Amazon Prime gets you free 2-day shipping on select products with no minimum purchase (normally you need to spend $25 to get free shipping). Offer valid through February 5, 2010.
There are a handful of qualifying textbooks selling for $1 each, so you’ll ultimately end up paying $1 for this service.
Here’s exactly what you need to do:
Jane Eyre $3.50
Great Expectations $3.50
Oliver Twist $3.50
2. Click on free two-day shipping button on the right side of the page
3. Click Proceed to checkout button
4. Accept Trial Offer. The next window will show up giving you the details of the Amazon Prime Trial offer. Accept it.
5. Purchase. Finish the purchase of the book.
Word of caution: You are signing up for a free trial that is set to automatically renew at full price in 3 months, which would cost you $79. But, if you can change your account settings you can avoid this renewal and Amazon Prime will simply lapse after the three months. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Your Account on Amazon
- Click Manage Prime Membership link
- Click Do not Upgrade button, then click Turn off auto-upgrade button
Your turn: Did you find any other textbooks at a great price?