Walgreens Shopping List 11/8 – 11/14/09

walgreens

Did you notice the $5 off $25 purchase coupon at the front of your Walgreens ad this week?  Use it to make these deals even better.

Walgreens Register Rewards program has a lot of nuances to it, so if you are new to it learn how it works here. Learn to read this shopping list. Mercedes helped get this list started and I added to it based on the best deals I found in the forums at A Full Cup.

Your turn: What are you going to buy so that you can use the $5 off $25 coupon?

Week-Long Deals (Non-Register Reward)

Use $5 off $25 purchase coupon from front of ad
$25 is after all other manufacturer and Walgreens coupons and after you’ve paid with other Register Rewards

Jell-O 2/$1 (must buy 2 and use in-ad coupon)
Buy 2, use in-ad coupon and stack with
$0.50/2 printable coupon (IE) or printable coupon (FF)
Final price: $0.25 each after coupons

Bayer Aspirin (24-36 count) 2/$3 (must buy 2 and use in-ad coupon)
Buy 2, use in-ad coupon and stack with
Two $1/1 coupons from 10/25 Red Plum insert
Final price: $0.50 each after coupons

Hall’s Lozenges $0.99
Buy 2 and use $1/2 coupon from 9/27 Smart Source insert
Final price: $0.50 each after coupon

Carnation Evaporated Milk $0.99 (after in-ad coupon)
Buy 2, use in-ad coupon and stack with
$0.50/2 coupon from 9/27 Smart Source or 11/1 Red Plum inserts or $0.50/2 printable coupon
Final price: $0.74 each after coupons

Cover Girl Lipcolor–on sale buy one, get one free (prices start at $3.99)
Buy 2 at $3.99 and use $2.50/2 coupon from 11/1 Procter & Gamble insert
Final price: $0.75 each after coupon

Betty Crocker Frosting $1.29 (after in-ad coupon)
Use in-ad coupon and stack with
Use $0.50/1 from 10/25 Smart Source insert or $0.50/1 printable coupon or here
Final price: $0.79 each after coupons

Clearasil–on sale buy one, get one free (prices start at $4.79)
Buy 2 at $4.79 and use two $2/1 printable coupons (click on Save Now at the bottom)
Final price: $0.90 each after coupons

Gold Medal Flour 2/$3 (must buy 2 and use in-ad coupon)
Buy 2, use in-ad coupon and stack with
Two $0.50/1 printable coupon
Final price: $1.00 each after coupons

Eagle Brand Condensed Milk $1.79 (after in-ad coupon)
Use in-ad coupon and stack with
$0.55/1 coupon from 11/8 Red Plum insert
Final price: $1.24 after coupons**
**In and of itself this is not the best price

Honey (32 ounces) $3.99 (Limit 3)
Use in-ad coupon to get sale price
Final price: $3.99 after coupon**
**This is a very good price for honey (better than Wal Mart’s everyday price), although I don’t know about prices at Sam’s Club or Costco.

Sun-Maid Raisins (18 oz.) 2/$4 (must buy 2 and use in-ad coupon)
Buy 2, use in-ad coupon and stack with
$1/2 coupon from 11/8 Smart Source insert
Final price: $1.50 each after coupons

Week-Long Register Reward Deals

Buy one Bayer Glucose Meter at $14.99, Get a $5 Register Reward
Use $30 coupon from 10/25 Red Plum insert (coupon will need to be adjusted down)
Spend $0, get $5 Register Reward
Final price: Better than free after coupon and Register Reward

Buy $20 of the following, Get a $10 Register Reward
Benadryl (18-24 ct.,10 ct. Perfect Measure, or 4 oz. Liquid) $4.99
Tylenol (20-24 ct. Tylenol Cold or Allergy or 8 oz. Liquid) $4.99
Zyrtec Allergy Relief (30 ct.) $18.99
Children’s Zyrtec (Chewables 12 ct. or 4 oz. Liquid) $9.99
Sudafed PE or DM (20 or 24 ct., Children’s 4 oz. Liquid, or Nasal Spray OM .5 oz.) $5.99

***Deal idea***
Buy 3 Tylenol products $4.99 each
Buy 1 Sudafed PE 24-count $5.99
Use 1 $3/2 Tylenol Cold coupon from 10/4 Red Plum insert
Use 1 $2/1 Tylenol Cold printable coupon
Use 1 $2/1 Sudafed PE coupon from 10/4 Red Plum insert
Use 1 $1/1 Tylenol Cold coupon from Healthy Savings Coupon Booklet (will deduct $3)
Spend $10.96 plus tax out of pocket, Get a $10 Register Reward

Buy 2 select Rolaids, Get a $5 Register Reward

***Deal idea***
Buy two 100-count Rolaids at $4.99 each
Use $4/2 coupon from the 10/4 Smart Source insert
Spend $5.98 plus tax out of pocket, Get a $5 Register Reward
Final price: $0.98 after coupon and Register Reward

Pocket Your Dollars is part of BeCentsable’s Grocery Gathering, a compilation of shopping lists for stores nationwide. If you want a shopping list for a store not covered by Pocket Your Dollars, then check out the Grocery Gathering.

Comments

1. Helen Martin says

So, when I try to get the Tylenol $2 coupon I'm told that they won't take personal info from people under 13…. um, 1966 doesn't exactly make me under 13…. too weird to even be flattering. ;-)

Anyhow, I'm thinking the site is overwhelmed and this is what happens as a result…

2. Helen Martin says

Honey price beats Sam's by $0.54 cents.

Right now at Sam's you can get a five pound bottle of honey for $11.33; that breaks down to $4.53 for 32 ounces (two pounds).

3. Lisa says

I'm going to use the renuzit coupons from the smartsource insert at Walgreens. I will get 3 for $2. I'm not sure if that is a terrific price, but my house needs some freshening. I am also going to get the kleenex for $1.09 and purchase three so that I can use a .50 off 3 coupon. If there are better deals on kleenex please let me know.

4. Angie says

The coupon from the Clearasil site reads "Limit 1 coupon per household." However, the site DOES allow you to print more than one $2 coupon. Will Walgreen's let you use two coupons to get the $0.90 each deal?

5. Jill says

I did notice the 5.00 off coupon…. this time the fine print says that it must be 25.00 after coupons or other discounts-am I reading this right? Thanks!

Lisa,

I haven't seen anything for Libby's pumpkin, not in recent weeks anyway. FYI on pumpkin

: I was at Target last week and their was a sign near Libby's pumpkin stating that their is a pumpkin shortage, and Target was pretty much out of it. Good luck!

7. Helen Martin says

Let's be "the good ones" and only print that honey coupon once. I hate it when they tempt me like that. "People, hire decent web-guys!"

8. Donna says

I am attaching a link to get $2 off of Zyrtec and $1 off of Benedryl, to go along with the $10 RR deal for WAGS. ( :

Also, There was a $5 coupon this week for Ester-C. Wags has a BOGO Ester-C this week. They are $10.99 each. That ends up being $5.99 total for both boxes!

9. Annette says

Lisa,

There were some Libby coupons at VeryBestBaking.com but they are out of print now. however, i called the company and they are mailing me some coupons. Worth a shot. If I don't get them in time for this sale i know Pumpkin will be on sale again this month.

10. Susie says

If memory serves me right, I think I got the Jiff Peanut Butter and the Smucker's Jelly for only a buck this week at Walgreens. There's an in-ad coupon and a manfacturer coupon you can stack it with.

Shawna – Thanks for sharing the Costco price. It works out to be the exact same amount per ounce as the Walgreens honey this week. I am at the very bottom of my last bottle of honey from last winter's final honey sale so the timing for this couldn't have been better. Bring on the corn bread and the homemade granola! :)

11. Donna A says

Ocean Spray 100% juice is on sale for $1.99. Limit 2

November coupon book has a $1 off coupon which would makethat only $.99 each for 2 64oz. bottles.

12. Donna A says

Hi, I found more coupons at Wags. It is a small book called ABC's. It was by the special display that they had out for the Zyrtec/Tylenol/Sudafed $10 RR. The book has $1 off Benadryl Allergy, $1 off Children's Benadryl, $2 off Zyrtec, $2 off Children's Zyrtec, $2 off Sudafed PE or OM, $1 off Tylenol Cold, $2 off Visine A. ( :

13. Aimee says

I was told at the Wags in Coon Rapids that they no longer give out RR for the Robitussen 2 pack or the Breathe Right Strips….the manager said it was only last month and the RR have ended….anyone else runing into this?

14. Joanna says

Aimee – ditto for me on the Robitussin. The gal stocking the shelves even went to a register and did a fake transaction to see if the RR printed and it did not. She actually came to find me in the store to let me know.

I had an awesome trip to Walgreens today. My total went from $60.?? to $20.?? I was rather disappointed that there weren't many register rewards this week, but I did stock up on baking supplies.

15. Sheila says

Carrie -

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this website. I thought I did pretty good to begin with but you have taken my frugality to a whole new level!

Walgreens shopping last night:

$91.01 total

minus WAG & Mfg coupons = $45.19

RR earned = $16.00

Net total = 29.82 – a 67% savings!!

The cashier was very friendly and impressed with my 50% savings and I told her, just wait, there's Register Rewards coming too!

16. Donna A says

There is a $4 off any Nexxus hair care product in the Healthy Savings coupon book.(the one with the mom baking with her kids on the cover). The styling mouse was on sale for 2/$5. When you buy 2, the register takes off a total of $5, so the items were free. If you were to buy more expensive Nexxus products, it would take $4 off of each item. I was so excited when I saw the Ocean Spray 100% juice had the $1 peel offs on the bottles. I got my juices free too because they were on sale for $1.99 and were stacked with the $1.00 off, from the Wags coupon book.

17. erica f edwards says

The walgreens in Eagan has sense and spray for 4.99 and if you have the 4.00 off cpn that makes it .99 cents. I was able to get one because someone had taped a cpn on the box and I had all 4 of my kiddos w/me and left my cpn binder at home…hope u get it